- Do you sometimes ask yourself existential questions such as: "Who am I?", "Where am I?", "What do I want to do with my life?
- Do you sometimes feel trapped by unpleasant thoughts and feelings?
- Do you want to learn to break free from difficult thoughts? Do you suffer from ’low self-esteem’ ?
- Do you sometimes struggle to experience yourself in the present moment? Or do you overthink a lot?
- Do you want to start doing things based on what really matters to you?
Whether you wholeheartedly or secretly answer 'yes' to 1 of these questions, then this training might be something for you.
What is it
ACT stands for Acceptance Commitment Therapy and is a new form of behavioral therapy that combines several effective techniques. ACT consists of six pillars and aims to increase psychological flexibility of people in a cheerful and playful way. With this training you will learn to better cope with the challenges of life, enjoy the moment, and be more inclined to do things that are really important to you.
The ACTion training is for you if you want to embrace your thoughts and feelings, and improve your skills and quality of life.
What are you learning
- Become aware of your own dysfunctional coping style(s)
- Be mindful in life (be in contact with the here and now)
- Observing your thoughts and feelings
- Identifying your values
- Stop avoiding unpleasant thoughts and feelings and focus on long term goals
- Practical tools to apply in your own context and life
The training is strongly experience- and goal-oriented and consists of eight sessions of 1.5 hours each. During this training we will use structured exercises and metaphors in a playful way. In this way you will learn to adopt a gentle attitude towards everything you think, feel and experience, while at the same time you set out to realize your goals and dreams. Using practical tools, you will learn to move step by step from a problem to being able to actively respond to life's difficulties.
This program is for VUB students whose curiosity is stimulated when they read this description.
After your registration, we will contact you to schedule an introductory meeting.
This offer is free and is offered by the VUB to students in cooperation with BRUCC student psychologists.
Group 1 (NED) every Tuesday from 10.30 to 12.00, 8 weeks in a row with 1 week break: 6/7, 13/7, 20/7, 27/7, 10/8, 17/8, 24/8, 31/8. Registration closed.
Group 2 (EN) every Thursday at 10.00-11.30 a.m. for 8 sessions:7/10, 14/10, 21/10, 28/10, 4/11, 18/11, 25/11, 2/12
Group 3 (NED, in Jette) every Wednesday from 10.00 - 11.30, for 8 sessions:6/10, 13/10, 20/10, 3/11, 10/11, 17/11, 24/11, 1/12
Group 4 (NED) every Tuesday from 10.00 to 11.30, for 8 sessions: 5/10, 12/10, 19/10, 26/10, 9/11, 16/11, 23/11, 30/11